Sep 2, 2009

Second posts suck less


My personal experience tells me most blogs don't make it past a first post. But most businesses shut down and most TV shows get cancelled before they have a chance to develop. A lot of great musicians will never be heard and a lot of shitty ones will be incredibly successful.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent"

I'm not sure who said that but he or she is probably dead so I'm not worried about being sued.

I've written music, fiction and nonfiction, designed games and some other artistic endeavors. I always quit though. Is it 'quitting' if you never really start? If I stopped writing in this stupid blog today would that be quitting, after only one post? I'd say so.

Even at this moment, I'm telling myself to not waste my time with this. Maybe I'll set this as my home page as a daily reminder to actually follow through with something. Besides.. I like writing

And I like Lolcats. The good ones. there's a lot of bad ones.

(I did not take that picture, I do not own the rights to that picture, and that cat most certainly did not say those words."


No comments:

Post a Comment