I've dreamt more than a dozen times about plane crashes. I'm always on the ground, watching the plane fall out of the sky. It always seems to be caused by extreme wind. The plane just starts to struggle and waver more intensely until it loses control.
Do you ever stop to wonder how graceful planes look in the air? These hulking masses of metal that weigh more than my house are just gliding through the air with ease. They look so small and are so quiet up in the sky.
When a plane is crashing.. when it's struggling to stay in the air.. it starts to look wrong. That grace and elegance are replaced with panic and clumsiness. You don't want anything bad to happen but if it does happen you want to see it. Why? Who knows? It'll probably haunt your dreams until you die. It haunts mine and I've never seen it.
The other recurring dream is much less unpleasant. In fact it's fantastic. I fly slowly through the air just about 6 feet off the ground. I can swoop up and down a bit and adjust my speed. It feels incredibly real and every time I'm convinced that it's real life. I'll think to myself "All this time I could have been doing this if I had just known how! This rules. I'm gonna do it all the time now"
When I wake up I'm so disappointed to realize it wasn't real and I try as hard as I can to remember how great it felt. At the moment I can't remember.
Fascinated with flight but afraid of height. It's just not right. Kite
No comments:
Post a Comment