Nov 15, 2009

You ever notice?

When someone that has a reputation for being nice does something mean, people will say "he's really an asshole". When someone with a reputation for being an asshole does something nice, they'll say "he's actually a nice guy" What does this say about the way people perceive others? Don't answer, I'll tell you. It says we assume that everyone is hiding their true self; that however they usually behave is an act.

For the vast majority of people this is true. They want what they don't have and want to be what they aren't. They're insecure about themselves and try to compensate for it.

I say 'they' and not 'we' because I don't categorize myself as one of these people. Sure, I get jealous of others and wish I could be things I'm not but I don't let it affect the way I live. I am me and so are you. So start acting like it

No comments:

Post a Comment